Saturday, October 8, 2016

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS



I know everyone is waiting anxiously for me to voice my opinion on the newest Trump fiasco.... Just kidding, most couldn't care less, but I hope you will read what I have to say on the matter and take what I say into consideration.
 
First, no matter who you are those types of comments are unacceptable, period. And as a woman who has experienced sexual harassment I speak with some knowledge. In my early 20s, more than once. On one of those occasions I was unfortunate enough to be alone sitting near 3 young males who spoke to me in a way, said disgusting things that would make Trump's words seem harmless. I do not consider myself a victim, ever. I choose to learn from situations and grow from them. I won't say it did not immediately affect me b/c it did, I cried later, far away from any witnesses. But I will say this, if I saw these 3 men today, I would not hold this situation against them. I had to forgive and move on. Especially if there is an apology, but my faith compels me to forgive, regardless. Also b/c I know I have said more things I regret in my life than I care to admit! As a child, as a teenager, as an adult.... Everyone close to me knows I am a passionate, opinionated person with a sharp tongue that often acts before I think. There are many words I wish I could take back. 
Unfortunately, I've brought many people, friends, family to tears with my cut throat replies and for that I am now very sorry and I pray those people do not judge me on what I did all those years ago just as I cannot judge another for their words. 
 
Remember, we have ALL said things we regret. We ALL want to be forgiven for the things we've said in the past, so why is it we aren't willing to give that same consideration and forgiveness to others, to Trump. 
 
One last thought, something we all say....
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!
Before you make a decision and I encourage you to pray, here are a few things to remember; FDR, Kennedy, and Clinton were all womanizers, had affairs, Bill has even been accused of rape and inappropriate behavior in the Oval Office. Why are these behaviors more excusable than words? 
Hillary accused a 12 yo girl who was beaten and raped to the point she was never able to have children. Her innocence, her dignity, her chance at motherhood all stolen, ripped away from her. And Hillary's words in defense of her vile, despicable, DEPLORABLE client were to accuse the 12yo of wanting to be raped, she fantasized about rape! I was a 12yo girl once, that was a fear, not a fantasy. With that same tongue she spoke the words, "What does it matter now anyway?" in reference to the lost lives of 4 men who she failed to send help to in Benghazi. If words bother you so much, then think about her words and realize her words not only hurt, they cost lives and set rapists free

No comments:

Post a Comment